Below are, in no particular order, my favorite Kindle books that were downloaded for free. I can't guarantee that they are all still free, but at one time they were available at no cost and they are really good stories. If you find them listed for $5 or less I highly recommend you download them to your Kindle.
1. Southern Spirits (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries Book 1) by Angie Fox
Young woman accidentally unearths ghost of old mobster who helps her solve a mystery. Cute story, nice writing, interesting premise.
2. Alan Lennox and the Temp Job of Doom by Brian Olsen
Action/Adventure book about Alan Lennox and his friends trying to find a killer before the killer finds them. Super fun read!
3. Of Windmills and War by Diane Moody
Historical fiction based on Operation Chowhound in WWII. Wonderful story and well worth your time.
4. Face the Winter Naked by Bonnie Turner
Set during the Depression, the story of Daniel and LaDaisy's family is one I've read at least half a dozen times now. Probably the best writing I've seen outside of the bestseller's list.
5. Cranberry Bluff by Deborah Garner
A whodunit that will have you smiling on every page. You'll never believe how it ends!
6. Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law series book 1) by Jana DeLeon
The hilarious adventures of a woman and her Mother In Law's ghost. This one will leave you laughing out loud.
7. The Dirty Parts of the Bible - Sam Torode
This is an adventure novel. The title is a bit misleading, but it is a really good book.
8. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
A classic novel with what is unquestionably the best villain in all of literature.
9. Hole in the Heart by Craig Allen
Monsters, gods, and the end of the world all converge together in this page-turner.
11. Talk of the Town (Welcome to Daily, Texas book 1) by Lisa Wingate
American Idol meets small town Texas meets a strange disappearance. A very adorable story!
12. In Times Like These: A Time Travel Adventure by Nathan Van Coops
Romance, time travel, and so much more. This is one I've recommended to multiple people and they've all really enjoyed it!