Thursday, August 6, 2015

I Love Lucy

Happy 104th birthday to one of my favorite people in the whole world, Lucille Ball. Actress, writer, producer, model, and studio executive, she literally wrote her own ticket in Hollywood. When people said, "You can't do that!" she simply said, "Watch me." A pioneer in the industry, she was the first woman to run a major Hollywood studio. Her insistence that Desi Arnaz play her husband on I Love Lucy and then insistence that her pregnancy be written into the script was the sole reason America was exposed to their very first interracial couple and pregnant lady on TV. And the very first episode of I Love Lucy didn't air until after her 40th birthday, so at an age where Hollywood put most women out to pasture her best was yet to come. Thanks, Lucy, for proving that women can do it all and have a sense of humor at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment